/* */

Friday, January 11, 2013

Ex-boybander Aaron Yan of Fahrenheit can no longer hide behind his colleagues.

11Jaaronyan01.jpgBeing a solo singer means more freedom to sing what he wants to sing, says Aaron Yan, formerly of the now-defunct band Fahrenheit. -- PHOTO: HIM INTERNATIONAL MUSIC
Being a solo singer means more freedom to sing what he wants to sing, says Aaron Yan, formerly of the now-defunct band Fahrenheit.

"Now that I am a solo artiste, I think I have more opportunity to sing what I want to sing, and focus more on the music than just an overall party atmosphere. I hope fans will come to see me for my music, which mostly comprises love ballads rather than song-and-dance routines." he tells Life! over the telephone from Taipei.
The 27-year-old released his first full-length solo album, The Moment, in October last year.
But freedom also comes at a price. Being a solo act means doing a lot more work, including solely shouldering the responsibility of media interviews and taking the stage alone on large stages.
"When there were four of us, the stage didn't look so daunting and huge. And at variety shows, I didn't have to talk as much, because I could let others do the talking.
"Now I have to be on massive stages all by myself, which made me quite nervous at first. But once the music starts playing and I start singing, I don't feel scared anymore. I think I've matured as a singer and person."
The other members in the hugely popular Fahrenheit were Brunei-born Taiwanese Wu Chun and Taiwanese singers Calvin Chen and Jiro Wang. All have their own solo careers at the moment.
The Moment is available in stores now.
CREDITS 
By Yip Wai Yee
Visit : Original Site

0 comments: